April 10, 2010

Fabulous Friday!

This Friday was perhaps one of the busiest and full of news since we've been here in White Mountain.

1. After finding out about my new job(!) I found out some really great news (I will post more on that later so I don't jinx myself, and hopefully I'll know exactly what is going on).

2. This was my last day in the classroom as a student teacher and last day working in the school. Starting Monday I will be in the Head Start building. I sure am going to miss being in the classroom helping out, but it's going to be wonderful having my own class with my own routine :).


3. We had the high school students working with the younger students in NYO (Native Youth Olymics) where the younger students went to the gym and were taught the games that they play during competition.
 The seal hop.

The stick pull.

Not sure what this is called, but you are using your forearm muscles to hold yourself up on a stick while you are carried from one end of the gym to the other.
Not sure what this one is called either, but you balance your whole body on your arms, and with one of the arms, you try and touch the ball that is overhead. I can't balance that good yet! These kids are really athletic.

4. We had movie night and had kids over until 10:30 watching The Squekual and many Peter Pan movies (which I probably enjoyed them more than the kiddos!).


blog

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...