April 3, 2010

Best Nephew E.V.E.R.!

Back in March (I can't believe it is already the 3rd day in April!) I applied for the Head Start Teaching position here in White Mountain.  We have been on the edge of our seats waiting for a phone call, or email message letting us know if I have been offered the position-or if they gave it to someone else. 

Every time I get on the email and I see 1 message in the inbox, I get excited.

Every time I see the message blinking "1" I get excited (we don't really get that many phone calls in the first place, so any message is nice!) 

It has been 3 weeks since I turned in my application and 2 weeks since the interview.

Why am I so excited? 


It has been two years since I had a job I have been paid to work. It's getting a little "old" having to work and not get paid real, live, money that I can spend save.  Yes, I know I'm getting paid an education...blah...blah....blah (I've heard it too many times before).

Anyway, Today my heart stopped after work yesterday when I saw a "1" on the message machine. 

It was from our one and only greatest nephew, Chance (which was definitely a better surprise than the job!):

"This is your only nephew Chance.
I miss you so much.
I'm turning 12 this year.
If you don't see me this year-
Next year I'll be a teenager.
You know how teenagers are.
You guys need to come see us.
I love you very much.
I miss you guys so much.
Next year, I may be a little weird, or crazy.
You need to come see us.
I love you very much.
Call me back.
Bye."

While creating our summer plans, it was a brief, very brief idea that, in order to get more time for our road trip that we may not go and see our nieces and nephew (and of course my wonderful Sister and Brother-In law). 

That was quickly erased from my thoughts (and I'm sure Clint's) as I heard this message.

Nice work Erica! Your divine plan worked :) 

I'm we are so, so, so very excited to see you guys!!

              blog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi tory this is adrien you may not know me but i am related to erica and all them to. they are here with me right now and Denisha and erica and alexis say HI!!!!!!!!!! the rest are at home. i am a teenager i will b 14 this year you will see me this summer so you will know what i look like. i am a good example of how crzy and weird chance will be next year or so he says. lol well i have to go we all just thought that we would say hi and i thought i would let u know how crazy i was and letting u know what chance will be like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...