August 19, 2010

Flawless Love...

Photobucket
"Love is patient: love is kind and envies no one.
Love is never boastful, nor conceited, nor rude; never selfish, not quick to take offense. There is nothing love cannot face; there is no limit to its faith, its hope, and endurance.  In a word, there are three things that last forever: faith, hope, and love, but the greatest of them all is love."
{1 Corinthians 13:4}
 I am fortunate to have some pretty amazing love in my life and that's something I don't, for one second, take for granted.  I have the love of a man who still, after 4 years together, takes my breath away when he walks into a room (mushy I know, but it's my blog, my thoughts :). I also love and have the love of some pretty amazing family members, although, as most of you know, love is never easy all the time. But it's still an aw-inspiring love.



As I ponder the thought of bringing another life into this crazy, scary, amazing, and beautiful world, which lately has been and endless stream of dreams-including day dreams, I can't help but think about the love I already have in my life and how it's going to change a gazillion times more-maybe even more than that!


One of my most favorite passages from the bible is 1 Corinthians, the quote stated above.  As I go through with this pregnancy and enter the realm of mommy hood (gosh, it still seems so surreal) I am going to instill from day one, that our lil' one experiences and knows that his/her mommy and daddy loveOnce we have established and have created love. We will teach our lil' one how to create stronger bonds with love.  The way to do this?

* Be patient and kind: Be kind to everyone and everything in life. Everyone deserves a smile rather than a rude comment.

*Avoid selfishness: Although sometimes it's okay to put yourself first sometimes, it is truly more important to think of other first.

*Do not be rude or boastful: This goes hand in hand with the first concept. If you practice being patient and kind, you will automatically be rid of rudeness or boastful.

*Be supportive and avoid envy: Be supportive and happy for everyone who seems to be doing better than you. 

*Fill your heart with trust: The strongest love has the most trustful relationship.  If you don't trust the ones you love, you will never be truly happy.  Trust is perhaps one of the most important elements.

*Believe in the power of love: If you truly love, you will have the power to overcome an negativity--if you believe in it. 

*Celebrate the love you share: Don't take love for granted.  Just don't do it.  Make time to celebrate the love you have.  We will create our own holidays to celebrate love!

There you have it.  Some of my thoughts on teaching our lil' one love.




Photo Credit: here

Photobucket

Lilypie Maternity tickers

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...