August 13, 2010

Dear Baby...

Last night, as I was laying in bed alone and letting my mind wander, I kept thinking about the little one growing inside me.  I kept thinking about all the feelings that I have towards this new life, a being that is created between my husband and I. I am no longer just a wife, but I am a mother as well. Yes, the baby may still be in my womb, but a mother nonetheless.

Here are my thoughts:



To baby:

I don't know if you are going to like pink and dress up like a princess, or if you are going to love mud puddles and build forts and play with bugs. I don't know if you are going to be Daddy's little girl, or his little Slugger.  I don't care. What I do know though, is I already love you with every fiber of my being. I know that that you are already the most perfect us. You are the most precious gift God has given to your daddy and I. You already have taken my breath away. The first time I looked down at the pregnancy test and saw two, very dark lines. The first time I heard your heartbeat-which sounded like galloping horses.  The first time I saw your little fingers and toes on the ultrasound screen. The first time I felt you squirm in my belly. You took my breath away.

We have only known of your existence for seventeen weeks, but it feels like we have been waiting for you since the day we met. You will complete our family in a way that we could have never imagined.

Love,
Your Mama 

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...