April 6, 2011

Letter to Bria

It's been a while since I have written a letter to our Babes, so, because I am using this blog to update family and friends about our lives and a baby book for Baby B..I decided to keep posting letters to her. If you want to check out other letters that I (and other family members have written) you can read them here!


Dear Bria Eden,

It has been a while since I have written you a letter. Actually, it’s been since before you were even born that I wrote you. It’s not because I had nothing to say. It’s because I have too much to say. Bria, everyday there are thousands of emotions that well up inside me. Emotions that I never knew existed until the moment you were born. Emotions that I just can’t find the words to express. They are released when I am dancing in the living room singing Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog (in my most obnoxious singing voice, tears rolling down my face because you are that much heavier) with you in my arms, smiling with your gumminess grin. I am reminded that you no longer will be this young again. You will no longer have a first smile. You will no longer discover your hands for the first time. All of your firsts will no longer be. But I have to remember to embrace the fact that you are growing older and that it’s a privilege from God to watch you grow and learn about this wondrous, beautiful world of ours.

I am excited to teach you how to crawl, walk, talk, and dance. Bria I will teach you that two plus two equals four, that the Earth is round, and the grass is green and sky, blue. I will teach you to be kind and love everyone, and hurt no one. But most of all Peanut, I will teach you that you are Altogether Beautiful. You will know this from the core of your being, that you are perfect in every way imaginable. You are you and I will love you in your darkest hours and in your happiest moments. My love for you will grow deeper as your years pass.

Remember dear Bria, you, My Darling are Altogether Beautiful. You and your chubby legs that have grown an inch since last week are beautiful. You and your cute, adorable double chin are beautiful. You and your thick stubby fingers (just like your mom’s) are beautiful.

You are and always will be Altogether Beautiful!

I love you to the moon and back,

Your Mama

"You are Altogether Beautiful, My Darling and there is no blemish in you."
~Song of Solomon 4:7

Signature for blog...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...