May 19, 2010

Going Green!

So, to keep on with the blogland theme I have been wanting to try Green Monsters (which are smoothies that contain spinach!) Before you cringe, please check out the link to find out what all the buzz is about.

Well, we still don't have a blender, and when we received our full circle farm in with all the goodness I would need to make a Green Monster, I knew I had to do something!

I packed what I needed last night in order to bring the ingredients to work.

There are all sorts of veggies, fruits, flax, oats and such that you can put into your green smoothie, but I decided to stay with the virgin idea of the smoothie (just use the basic ingredients).

Here is what I made:

Peanut Butter Banana Goodness Green Monster (yes, it's a long name, but it's definitely the right one!)

3 large handfuls of spinach
1 medium banana
1 heaping Tbs. Peanut Butter
1/4 c. whole rolled oats
2 Tbs. flax seed
3/4 c. milk/or water if your milk didn't come in the mail :S
4 ice cubes
Sprinkle of granola
Do you like my 'play' stove at work?! 

Directions:
Put all the goodness in your blender ( I recommend the water/milk go in first, then the spinach so the blade can really cut into the greens).....
 See the oats in the bottom? It didn't work out too well.

After, blend, blend, blend.....blend, and blend some more! Pour in a cute lil' cup and sprinkle with granola. 

And chug your Green Monster back and taste all the banana and peanut butter deliciousness! I swear, you don't taste the spinach at all, believe you me! 
Obviously this isn't a 'cute lil' glass' but a mason jar. That's all I had :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...