February 22, 2011

Morning Delight!

Good Morning!




I am at my 7 week mark postpartum and that means that it's time to get my body back in shape! Not just for this summer when we are going to the beach, shopping, hiking, camping, and taking wine tours (Oh yes!), but because I want to be as healthy as I can and not have to worry at all about the way I look or feel.

So, yesterday was the start of me getting back into exercising (not just yoga). I started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and at level 1 it was h.a.r.d I have a lot of work to do but it felt good getting my heart rate up and moving around.

After my workout I had the most delicious breakfast! And....It only took me 10 minutes to make! This recipe is from Oh She Glows it's a one woman show and she has an abundant amount of healthy recipes!


Apple Pie Oatmeal
adapted from Angela @ Oh She Glows

* 1/3 cup regular oats
* 1/4 cup milk or water
*1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
*1 apple (I used gala) but Granny Smith would work too! 
*1 tsp. ground cinnamon 
*1 tsp. nutmeg
*1 Tbs. maple syrup
*pinch of kosher salt


Now, this may not seem like an amazing breakfast, but trust me it is! I just wish I had all the ingredients that Angela at Oh She Glows had in her oatmeal. She added chia seeds, lemon juice, walnuts, vanilla extract, and used Almond Milk instead of milk/water. I wonder how scrumptious it would taste with all those added in?! 

Oh, life in the bush :) ... I'm off to order some ingredients so I can make some more delicious oatmeal recipes!
Signature for blog...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...