February 27, 2011

First Day...

 (a sign made by one of my second year students)

The days leading up to my first day back I was a mess. I would start crying when I looked at Bria or when I would smell her while holding her close. I would tell Clint, "I wish there was a way to become a Stay-at-home-mom" If there was a a way. I would take it in a heartbeat. But for now, it's going back to the classroom :)...

Thursday was my first day back at work and my first day away from Bria. It was bitter sweet because as much as I absolutely hated to leave Bria (we haven't been away from each other since she was conceived last April) I was excited to get back to my school kids and classroom.

When we first dropped off Bria at her babysitters. I was okay. I knew she would be taken care of, loved, and played with just as if she was home with me.

It ended up being a great first day back with my kids. They were just as excited to see me as I was to see them. We read, sang songs, played, and of course learned.  They showed me all their projects from when the long-term sub was here, who by the way, was amazing! I am really glad that the substitute the district picked for me was so good! I couldn't believe how much my kids learned in such a short amount of time....Kids are seriously like sponges. 

But... After a fun day I couldn't wait drive the snow machine (yes, I drove the machine for the first time...in a blizzard mind you) to pick up my sweet baby. When I arrived at the babysitters, she was sound asleep and looking pretty happy, which made me happy that it went so well. Did I mention they are also using cloth diapers? 

We are so blessed to have friends in our lives that are willing to help take care of Bria while we are at work.

Signature for blog...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...