February 20, 2011

Bria's Tree

Do you remember the owls and birds from this post?

Well, I asked Clint to find me a big tree branch from outside and put it in the corner of Bria's room. At first he was very skeptical, but of course he went outside right away and found me the perfect branch to tack to the wall.

I finished 3 owls and 4 birds and hung them gently on the tree branch in her room:


Here is an up close shot of the lil' hoots:


One of my good friends in Nome graciously gave me an ornament owl made out of burlap, and the pattern! She is an amazing artist and wonderful woman. She has a cute lil' blog too...Go check out her handmade lovelies!

Here is a close up of one of my birds:


I found the bird pattern here.

The wonderful thing about these owls and birdies is that once Bria is older and needs toys, I can just take them off the branches and let her play with them as stuffed animals.


I'm off to start yet another project for Bria's Toy Box!
Signature for blog...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...