August 7, 2008

Day 3...

Last night was probably even harder than the night before. The kids do like to have fun right outside the 6 Plex. The VPSO (Village Police Safety Officer...or something like it) was driving around the building all night trying to keep the kids away. I stayed up until 2:30am! I am really tired, but have stayed in my pj’s most of the day reading The Love Letter by Cathleen Schine. There are a lot of old books that past teachers have left and it became a library, so I grabbed one when Clint left and am almost done with it! Anyway for dinner a teacher I will call L came over and invited me over for dinner, she also wanted Sierra to come along which was nice. We ate grilled cheese, salad, and beef stew which was a LOT better than what I had planned-corn. Yup, I had just one can of corn on the counter and was ready to pop it open when L came. Thank goodness. At her place the custodian came over (An older Yupik man) who is very nice. He asked if I ever had Walrus meat- I gave him a funny look and then he added real quick, you’ll have to try mine! So, next Sat. I am going to try some Walrus meat. He said it was really good, but he was born and raised here in Gambell...We’ll see. I also met another teacher who just flew in today, this will be her second year teaching and seems very nice. I think we’ll be having a lot of get togethers. She’s younger, about Clint’s age and it was nice to see the younger generations here as well. The internet is getting set up tomorrow which will be nice! Connection to the outside world. Clint caught 4 more fish that makes 8 total and he is going fishing again today. I am craving Salmon so much, it’s going to be nice having our freezer full of it again...It’s weird what you miss when you are away from home.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...