May 3, 2012

Kuspuk In The Making...

Do you remember my new project that I have been working on?

Well, fortunately last night I was able to work on it again. It's so nice to have a girl's night every once in a while full of crafting and making things. It was refreshing and I'm so excited to share these pictures with you! This is serving as my evidence that I am creating this by myself. Some of you maybe surprised that I am actually sewing, but I am so thankful to have the chance to learn from a wonderful seamstress. I have learned so much already....I think it might be time to put a sewing machine on my ever growing wish list :)

Here are some pictures taken by Mary, my friend.

{You can so totally tell I'm 7 months preggo in this picture!} 

{Working on my mad sewing skills!}

{The picture is a little blurry, but you see the pocket in the front? I did all that last night!}

A Kuspuk is a traditional Inupiaq/Yupik overshirt type garment worn by both men and women, although men tend to only wear them during ceremonial type situations, where women wear them as everyday wear. Basically, a kuspuk is a long sleeved hooded slip over shirt with a large pocket in front of it. The cuffs, pocket and hood are sometimes trimmed with rick-rack or similar decorative fabric. 

I can't wait to wear mine. Although, I won't be able to finish it until after baby is born and i'm back to my regular size. Right now I can hardly put the front and back together because of the baby bump! hehe. 

So excited to show you the results of this project, soon! 

Signature for blog...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...