October 17, 2010

3 Things...

 It was just me and my baby girl awake this morning and as I look around our soft-lit room, I see perfection. Clint, snoring next to me in a deep sleep, and our two pups nestled away within the sheets and blankets. And I couldn't help but have a feeling of overwhelming happiness. It was so overwhelming that I started crying right then and there. Each tear, I thought was a representation of everything good and pure and perfect in my life.

In less than 100 days, all of that is going to change. Change my world. Change Clint's world. Forever.

It's going to be an explosion of perfection! It's going to be a wild, roller-coaster of a ride but...I am ready to throw my hands up in the air and scream with vigilant excitement, and let my ever growing, ever blessed life take me for the ride of my life :) ...

It was quiet and calm and perhaps nothing extraordinary to anyone else, so completely extraordinary to us...and there will be many more mornings like these in a couple months.

With that said...Here are 3 things that I am enjoying right now:

*Clint talking on the phone, hours on end with his best friend (who is also expecting his first child) talking about how he's going to raise his daughter. How, "she's going to learn how to camp, build a fire, do karate, kick boys' butts," and hold her own in this world. It's heaven to my ears hearing him talk about the future. Our future. Even if there is a little bit of nervousness in his voice when talking about her teenage years.

*The little clothes that I have washed and folded countless times. Now, nestled in the drawers that are opened a few times a day.

*Skype-technology has made it so much easier to be away from family. Being able to see my Mom's face, and my sister's smile makes my heart ache. But, it's a blessing to be thousands of miles away and still be able to see them in that moment.
Signature for blog...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...