December 14, 2011

Clint's Birthday!!

Clint always teases everyone about how December is his Birthday MONTH. I get a little nervous because I have never done anything to celebrate his birthday month. Or even week. So, this year I decided to do something different.

Way back in September I started thinking about Clint's Birthday and how to make it a memorable one for him. I was pinterest-ing and I came across these lovely ladies and their idea for a husband appreciation week. I thought I would tweak it for Clint's Birthday.

You can find their post at their wonderful marriage blog here: The Dating Divas

                                                                                          Source: thedatingdivas.com via Saam on Pinterest


I wanted to go a step further and create an entire banner count down for Clint: 



For each number on the banner, I contact family and friends of Clint to write him a birthday letter. I had more letters than I had days, so some days he got two letters! My husband is an amazing man, and touches so many lives that I thought it would be awesome if he heard it from them: 
 

Along with all the letters, he received a gift on random days (a total of 5 small gifts and 2 big gifts)

This was one of the small, handmade gifts, Subway art: 
 
 
I also ordered him a Tiramisu cake from Sharis, Berries



It came 6 days late (I ordered it so it would be here on the 6th, but we've had so many snow storms that it delayed the planes, and the mail)....But, to our surprise and our enjoyment, the cake made it on his birthday! To say I was happy would be an understatement. It looked beautiful and tasted amazing. So, if you are ever skeptical on ordering food over the internet, Shari's Berries will not disappoint you!

Clint's "12 Days of Clint" was so much fun to put together and he said that it was one of the best things that he has received for a birthday gift. He was so happy to hear from his family and friends and how they feel and think about him... We've kept all the letters! Thank you so much for those of you who participated and wrote Clint a letter for his special day!
Signature for blog...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...