May 20, 2011

Here Home Hope: A review

"A story about how women can have it all if we own it all."
-Kelly Meyer
Philanthropist and O Magazine's Power list


"Here's how I knew something about my life had to change" (pg. 1)


"...Something in my life had to change. What I also discovered was that I was the only one who could do it. Not having that realization was what held me back for so long. I was ready to rewrite Things to Change rule Number One. My life is up to me to define. I needed to make my own dreams come true." (pg. 286)

 These are just two of the many quotes I took away from the book, Here, Home, Hope by Kaira Rouda.

Kaira Rouda writes a quick-whit and funny novel that shows us appearances can be deceiving and are not always what they seem. She creates a fictional place named Grandville, a place much like the neighborhoods found on Desperate Housewives and where everyone knows your name and business.


Armed with post-it notes and a pen, Kelly Johnson takes action in reminding herself of T2C (Things to change.) A stay at home mom of two boys who are heading off to summer camp and a wife to a successful attorney, Kelly decides she is ready to embark on a journey to change her life after a self evaluation.

Being envious of her two best friends, Charlotte and Kathryn who have perfect lives, marriages, and careers. But throughout the book, Kelly soon finds out that the "grass is not always greener on the other side" and finds out what happens in the closed homes of her friends. Kelly is soon asked to help her friend's anorexic daughter, and also being a "marriage referee" to others. Through all of this, Kelly has become an entrepreneur and her business is blooming!

This was a wonderful, easy, fast read that was entertaining from the time I opened the book, till the end. Even though I am not in the middle of a mid-life crises, I could relate to Kelly's character in that she took action to take care of her life and find the little things that make her happy. She even has a list of Things 2 Change. Kelly said it best,
"I'm happy. This is a great time of life. This sunset. Your friendship. A business. Great kids. A mostly perfect husnbad. I am not trying to brag or anything, I'm just feeling so thankful and blessed. I really love my life, my self, right now" (pg. 286)
Are you intrigued yet? 

Here is a video trailer of the book (which by the way, I have never even heard of a book having a trailer! It's really good!)


You can buy the book here

Want to know more about Kaira Rouda or want to know about her upcoming books? She has an Official Website and blog!

Or, if you're a twitter fan click here

Go check her out! And to all the women out there, this book will enlighten and empower you, as it did me!

**A special thank you to One2One Network for providing the book. I was not compensated in any way. All opinions and statements are my own 
Signature for blog...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...