June 20, 2012

It's been a month...


It's been a month since I have updated this blog. It's been a month since I have wanted to be on the computer. I have been enjoying some much needed family time where I wasn't worried about taking pictures to share on the blog. I needed the break and it has been a wonderful time away.

During this time we baked a lot...Our favorite? Pretzels!



I tried to get a picture of the pretzels when they were finished, but they were eaten before I could even get my camera out....No joke.

Want the recipe? It's fun, fast and easy...Just the way good recipes should be!


MALL PRETZELS

Ingredients

  • 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 1/8 teaspoons salt
  • 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup bread flour
  • 2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 2 tablespoons baking soda
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 2 tablespoons coarse kosher salt

Directions

  1. In a large mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast, brown sugar and salt in 1 1/2 cups warm water. Stir in flour, and knead dough on a floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, and turn to coat the surface. Cover, and let rise for one hour.
  2. Combine 2 cups warm water and baking soda in an 8 inch square pan. Line 6 baking sheets with parchment paper.
  3. After dough has risen, cut into 12 pieces. Roll each piece into a 3 foot rope, pencil thin or thinner. Twist into a pretzel shape, and dip into the baking soda solution. Place onto parchment covered baking sheets, and let rise 15 to 20 minutes.
  4. Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
  5. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter, and sprinkle with coarse salt, garlic salt or cinnamon sugar.

Footnotes

  • Editor's Note
  • When forming the ropes, roll each one to about half the length you want, then set it aside while you roll the rest. By the time you get back to the first rope, it will have rested enough to roll further.
  • A 3-foot long rope will make a pretzel approximately 8-inches in diameter. Plan on using one baking sheet for every two pretzels.

    (taken from allrecipes.com)

    I'm still not up for being back everyday. I'm 36 weeks pregnant and feel like I will be having this baby very soon. I will try and post an update here in the next few days, but I have been feeling really tired, sore, and just ready to pop this child out! 

    Stay tuned for updated pictures when I have the energy :) 

    Signature for blog...




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...