October 8, 2010

Letter to Baby Girl Shultz

It's been a while since I have wrote a letter to our daughter. Life has been crazy and has been feeling like we are going at race-track speeds. I was thinking of her this morning as she kicks me in the ribs ever so gently, but at the same time, ever so uncomfortably! I was thinking of how precious life is and how so often people rush through it like they are sprinting to the finish line-without really realizing the beauty that God has given us. I am ashamed that I have been in this category of going through life just a little too fast. This is a trait that I hope our baby girl doesn't have.

Dear Baby Girl,

You have been quite the little mover and shaker the past couple of weeks, and every time I feel you, I get the biggest smile on my face and warm feeling in my heart. You are mine. I am yours. Forever. When I lay down to go to sleep, this is when you are most active-almost as if you are saying, "I'm here mommy!" thank you for that. Thank you for keeping peace in my heart by moving. Even if I do complain about my ribs hurting from you pushing, kicking, or whatever it is you do in there. 

I want you to know that this week was perhaps the happiest week of our pregnancy. This week, on October 5, 2010 at 8:43pm you kicked so hard that your daddy felt you. He placed his hands on my tummy, and felt little flutters, then...BAMB! He had his, "Christmas-morning-winning a championship-on-top-of-Mnt.-Everest" smile and a twinkle in his eye. Keep moving baby! Move lots and lots while you're in the warm place of my tummy.

However, when you make your precious existence in this crazy world of ours. I promise you, I will do everything in my power to help you live life slowly. Take deep breaths and watch the birds in the trees, and the clouds in the sky. I will help you slow down to enjoy life.  

Love,

Your Mama
Signature for blog...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...